Comments submitted by some of our readers:
From Volume 2, Issue 4 of Pirene’s Fountain
- Lisel Mueller is magnificent. I was blown away by her poems. I had never read her before and am off to order her poetry book "Alive Together."
- Thank you for turning me on to Lisel Mueller's poetry. I just bought her book, thanks fully to your Showcase. "In Passing" just took my breath away . . . perhaps once I read the collection, I'll never get it back.
Thank you again,
Trish Lindsey Jaggers
- Your site is gorgeous--what a beautiful web publication, and with real depth of content.
- I was wrong. I thought the October issue was the best one yet, but when I read the new one, it astounded me. “Magnificent” is the only word that does it justice.
- As always, a unique and beautiful presentation and a great selection of poetry for us to enjoy. Nothing not to like in this your current offering of poets. Elegant and special in every way.
- I love many of the poems here. Thank you for introducing me to many new poets whose work just rocked my socks. I have some more reading to do now! I have wish listed some Kim Addonizio, for example. Other poets I will look for in magazines and chapbooks. I wish you continued success. Many thanks and bright moments to you!
Tameca L Coleman.
- Highly impressed with the overall look of this site. I would find it hard to pick out any particular part to praise without feeling that I am being unkind to the others.
- Loved the features and the richness of poetry presented in these pages. A place to delight in and get lost happily.
- You're true to your word, Pirene's Fountain. I like that you have unpublished poets alongside Pulitzer poets. It's great you find talent everywhere. Your journal is high class with substance and depth. And all this delivered in a stunning package!
- This is one special literary journal. Besides the exceptional poetry and articles, the website design is clean, sophisticated and easy to navigate. The artwork and interviews add to the overall reading experience. It's been a long time since I have been so impressed by a magazine.
The new issue is just beautiful. Kim Addonizio's work is stunning, as always. I love Ami Kaye's Papyrus/Pen diptych--it's the writing experience in a nutshell. I also enjoyed Alison Croggan's "Emily Bronte," Doug Sutton-Rampseck's "After That," and Steve Meador's wonderful stuff. Your journal fills a real need. We're very lucky that you provide it to us.
Bradley J. Stiles, Ph.D.
University of Illinois
- The issue of Pirene's Fountain is just stunning. Thank you again for making such a beautiful and extensive effort. It is just so impressive and I am most grateful.
- Nice job!
Joonho Pak of Joon Pens
- The issue is terrific. I'm glad to be in such good company.
- Beautiful issue. I'm proud to be included.
- I've read PF and it is excellent. There are some excellent poems on there by some wonderful poets. Thanks for giving us the privilege of reading it.
Wendy Anne Wilson
- Very much enjoying the current issue of Pirene's Fountain. Great to read some of your poetry also. Amanda Joy
- I'm so excited to be part of this anniversary issue. It's a wonderful mix of minds, I love it. Congrats on another wonderful issue! Big hugs from Ireland.
- I enjoyed the issue of PF. Your coverage of Lisel Mueller and the interview were very insightful and showed your deep appreciation for the poetic utterance.
Jeffrey Side, Editor of Argotist Online
- You're a Promise and a Delight.